Tuesday 12 February 2013

Spending quality time with yourself.


There's something to be said about spending time alone, and using said time to really just be with yourself and figure out what's going on with.. well, yourself. I used to feel guilty spending time alone, like I was being rude by not getting out and being with people. But you know what? Sometimes, I really shouldn't be around people. It's good for both of us. Who ever really says what they mean when they're in a bad mood? Even if the truth is spoken; you could always word it better. Last night, I was admit-ably in an absolutely terrible mood. So what did I do? I hung out with myself and did things I like. The result? A great day today. 

So don't be ashamed to take some time off! If you've got good friends, they'll understand. Maybe they'll offer you their shoulder to lean on, and if you need to, by all means take it! Or take a minute and hangout with the one person you're guaranteed to be stuck with for the rest of your life. 

And while you're together why not.... 


Indulge a little and eat some of your favorite foods 
... Macaroni & Cheese and a cookies and cream chocolate bar

Watch a movie you love 
... Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, but any Harry Potter really

Do something that will get your mind off your troubles 
... Look at wedding dresses 

or when all else fails, there's this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment