Tuesday 1 January 2013

Hello 2013!



It's that time of year again. A fresh start! Honestly, it shouldn't take a "new year" to start making changes to better yourself. But, it is nice to have the support of almost every other human being setting out goals to get them through the next year until it's Christmas time again. That being said, like millions of other I'm going to do the get healthy resolution, but this year I decided to be a little more specific to help myself out. Healthy is good, but there's a few other fun things I want to accomplish more of this year too, have a peak down beloooow.

Drink water and [green] tea instead of juices 
Truth is, juice is full of sugar and empty calories and I'd much rather waste those cals on real food! Also, green tea has great health benefits, I'm hoping to replace my coffee intake with tea.

Eat dairy with only one meal of the day 
I'm lactose intolerant so I should really cut dairy out entirely but I don't think I'm totally up to it yet and I don't want to set myself up for failure. I should be able to handle one meal a day... I hope.

Make a budget and stick to it 
I've got a steady job this year so I'll have an income, but I'm also planning 3 trips this year so I have LOTS to save up for. I'm hoping to sit down with my dad and see what we can figure out for a budget and I NEED to stick to it, I don't want to be poor and in debt forever!

Eat only whole grains 
White bread and pasta is not the best for you, so at home I'm hoping to ditch the bleached food and stick to their much more nurturing version.

Go to the gym 
Pretty self explanatory. My goal is to be beach ready for Florida in March, wish me luck!

Start "Scrapbooking" 
Not in the traditional sense, but I want to start photo albums of my life so when I'm old I can look back and remember the golden years... oh to be 21 again. I took yearbook class (twice...) so I plan to do all my work on photoshop and just print out the pages. Much more enjoyable and a lot less labor intensive.

Blog more 
Any time I post something I get excited, I might just be weird but I'm okay with that. Point is, I want to get on this lovely little site more often and find some new fun stuff to share with all you lads and ladies.!

All this being said I'm not going to pretend to be perfect, nor do I really want to be for that matter! I totally plan on having cheat days to indulge a little. More than New Years resolutions these are some changes I want to make to better myself and my health.

Finally, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! I hope the celebrations last night where the best and that you don't feel like total garbage today... and if you do try some ginger tea to tame the nausea, it works wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment