Wednesday 5 December 2012

Aunt Liz's banana chocolate chip muffins

Here it is! The recipe for the best banana chocolate chip muffins I've ever had (sorry Jeff!). This recipe is an absolute gem. I got it one day over an xbox headset while Jeff and my cousin Bradley we're playing games... that's how badly I needed this recipe in my life. 


Banana Muffins
Prep time: 20 mins   |    Bake time: 20-30 mins    |      Makes: 12 lg muffins

Ingredients: 
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
1 egg
4 tbsp milk
1 cup banana (3 about)
1tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cup flour
dash of cinnamon

Sometimes I add a little vanilla as well! 
Also, add as many chocolate chips as you like, I never measure the amount... oops. 

Preheat oven to 350 
Mix wet ingredients together 
Mix dry ingredients together 
Combine wet and dry ingredients 
Put into muffin tins and bake for 20-30 minutes for large muffins, I try to check on them after 15 mis  

...

On a side note... A huge Happy Birthday wish goes out to my roommate and friend Sydney Holmes. She's being a super human being today and completing 22 random acts of kindness for her 22nd birthday, UH-A-AMAZING right?! I tagged along for the morning where we gave out Tim cards to people at Tim Hortons, then we went downtown and handed out bags of chocolate, muffins, and orange slices to people walking. The best moment thus far was when we gave the man working in Slices and Squares pizza a bag of chocolates he decided to help us and gave us A WHOLE PIZZA to give out to people who needed it, great guy.
We've got some more shenanigans planned for later, I'm going to do a whole post about this stupendous day when it's over :)
Check out my tweets for more up to date stuff! #22RAK4SYD

No comments:

Post a Comment